Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I'm Lovin' It

No pictures taken of Prague can do this city any justice. Everywhere you turn, there's another picture waiting to be captured. In the end, you just learn to sit back and enjoy the view as you walk along.

The view from Věž chrámu sv. Mikuláše (Tower of the Church of St. Nicholas).
Spot the throngs of tourists on 
Karlův most (Charles Bridge) in the background.

And walk we did. Aside from the administrative stuff that I had to deal with on my second day here - poor Veronika was probably tired out acting as the translator for me while I dealt with my many errands - all we did was walk, walk and walk more. Don't get me wrong. Public transportation here is way better than a lot of places I have been to. As well, unlike Eric and his unfortunate run-in with the tram ticket inspectors, my experience was uneventful.

These inspectors appeared out of nowhere. They'd flash a badge at you and ask for your tickets. Veronika had helped me purchased a seven-day ticket before my arrival, so I was all set for my commutes back and forth to town. A friend got away with two minutes left on her ticket and our stop looming up front. What a close call indeed.

Pražský hrad (Prague Castle) and Katedrála svatého
Víta (St. Vitus Prague Cathedral) from afar
Katedrála svatého Víta (St. Vitus Prague Cathedral)

Buildings lining the Vltava River
Fishing in the twilight




No comments: