Friday, September 7, 2007

Road Trippin'

The longest road trip I'd ever taken was a six-hour drive to Pedu Lake Resort when I was nine. After all, Peninsular Malaysia is small. It's a mere nine-hour drive from the border of Singapore to the border of Thailand. Hence, I was all down for it when Amy suggested we drive from Calgary back to Victoria. There just was no better way to wrap up summer - 14 hours of driving also meant lots of random conversations and off-key singing. Plus, having spent summer in different cities, we had tons of catching up to do.

I wish I get to see more of the Canada I saw in that long ride home. The drive through the Rockies reminded me of the drives home from the KLIA Airport to the KL City Centre. Really though, I shouldn't be comparing one of the magnificent wonders of Canada to eroded hilltops of metropolitan Malaysia...


Banff Springs Resort is historic looking and castle-like; Lake Louise was a brilliant hue of blue, and with the Rockies as backdrop, it was rather picturesque.

Vernon was amazing. The Stevens' new condo was gorgeous, and the view of Okanagon Lake simply spectacular.


The plan was to spend two nights in Vernon and sneak in some water skiing lessons. It was just too bad I spent half my time there either having my face in the toilet bowl hurling chunks or sleeping like a baby. Being sick sucked, but not much damage was done. Thank you, Tylenol and healthy genes. And so, we were on our merry way the next day.

It's good to be home.

No comments: